Benefits of NZARE membership
"NZARE is how my research got started" Kuni Jenkins on accepting a Life Membership from the Association in 2015
Benefits of membership include:
- A forum for networking in all areas of educational research
- Special interest groups for those who want to network with a focus
- Discounted rates at NZARE Events, including workshops and the annual conference
- Copy of NZJES (2 issues per year)
- Electronic newsletters - “Input” - about four times a year
- Option to contribute to Ipu Kererū, the NZARE blog
- Support of educational researchers at all levels, and targeted support of Maori, Pasifika and Student researchers
- Promotion of educational research in Aotearoa
- Option to present a paper at the annual conference
- Option to submit a paper to selected international conferences
- Nomination for NZARE Awards
- Right to vote at AGM and to stand for office
About our members
The Association presently consists of about 360 members. Individual members include teachers, educational researchers, students**, educational administrators, and other people with an interest in learning from educational research.
How to become an NZARE member
To become a member of NZARE you will have to first create an NZARE account (if you already have an NZARE account please log-in and skip to step 3).
- To do this please click either "Membership Application" at the top of the page or here.
- Then click the button titled "create one" and fill in the required information. After submitting this you will receive an email to verify your email address, please follow the steps in the email.
- Once you have verifed your email please log-in to your NZARE account. Once you are logged in to your NZARE account please either click the "Membership Application" button at the top of the page or here.
- Finally, fill out the various fields that are required in the application form and click "submit".
Then we will accept your application form and you will be invoiced.
NZARE memberships run from the date of purchase until the 31st of July each year. Full prices are shown in the brackets beside each membership category. Depending on the date of purchase a portion of the price may be discounted as all memberships renew on the 31st of July each year.
Full member ($126.50): This covers Individuals.
Student Member ($63.25): Defined as a tertiary student, enrolled at least half-time and in less than half-time paid employment. Subscriptions are reduced. If you are studying part-time but do not qualify because you are employed more than half-time, you need to join as a full member - but tick the box to ask for information for people who are studying.
Retired Member ($63.25): Defined as over 59 years of age and in less than half-time paid employment, you may join for a reduced rate.
Any of the above may be resident anywhere in the world.
School Member ($126.50): Applies to any early childhood education provider, a primary or secondary school in New Zealand. The school is the member and receives one copy of the journal and e-newsletters, and may send one person to any one event at the Member rate. This allows a different person to attend different events during the year.
Institutional Member ($230): Applies to an institution, other than a school (above). The institutional is the Member and a receives one copy of the printed journal and e-newsletters. One person may attend any one event at the Member rate.
Anyone applying for Membership may also elect to be included in one or more Special Interest Groups. Please also show your main areas of research interest using the pre-coded categories on page two of the application form. There is a small fee charged to belong to the SIGs.